Monday, May 03, 2004

These are the Good Old Days

These days nostalgia is lost on me
I live for now instead of what will be
Too happy to look back on yesterday
I wish we could stay forever this way
Such beautiful moments go by too fast
Seconds, minutes and hours slip past
Until all are gone; the day will end
Knowing tomorrow you'll still be my friend
Together up to the stars we gaze
Singing, "These are the good old days"

When I'm with you I'm never judged
I'm beside you when my makeups smudged
My hairs in a mess and my jeans are torn
Others look at me to frown and scorn
But you stand by and hold my hand
I can always count on you to understand
But the sand keeps falling in the hour glass
And what is now, too soon will pass
Years will speed by, leaving us in a daze
All the while singing, "These are the good old days"

The time of our parting draws on apace
So I'll smile with you and save your place
Forever if need be until you come home
From wherever it is you've chosen to roam
And though these tears may fall from my eyes
I always knew we'd have to say our goodbyes
I have no regrets though it hurts me so
To look back on so long ago
So one last time, under the sun's warm rays,
We'll be singing, "These are the good old days"



For Page

1 comment:

Page said...

I love you, Amanda. Thanks for keeping me on the ground and for letting me fly.