Thursday, May 27, 2004

One Tear Falls

One tear falls; I wipe away before they see
Before they get the chance to see the weakness inside of me
Because of my pride it is so difficult to reveal
It's so hard to show anyone, how I really feel

The heart in my chest may be breaking in two
But you won't ever see me shed a tear or cry in front of you
So I'll bury my feelings deep down inside again
They could resurface but I don't know where or when

I am scared of nothing but I always feel afraid
And from their critical eyes, I am trying to evade
Keeping what lies within me right where it belongs
Speaking to no one of my sad and lovely songs

I wanted to feel nothing and this wish is coming true
That's what happens when I try to hide myself away from you
I guess should feel sadder, now that I am turning numb
But when offered a life unfeeling, it's so easy to succumb

The pain is gone away now but the joy has left me too
I move about like a shadow with my vision all askew
This isn't what I wanted if I could I would feel fear
But I can't so what I'll shed for you is one small, simple tear.

No comments: