Saturday, May 29, 2004

Don't Say Good-bye

It's Graduation day today
When summer ends you'll be on your way
It's hard to believe it's gone so fast
And all of our memories fall into the past
It amazes me to think of next year
Going to classes without having you near
Things won't be the same without you around
And I can't let go of the friendship I've found

So laugh with me; don't say goodbye
Let's stop searching for answers to why
Time moves slow when it should go fast
But speeds so quickly to the day I'll see you last
Could we have just one more year?
Perhaps we could stay forever here
Because the future is blurry; it scares me to see
What life has in store for you and for me

So hit the breaks for a moment; ease up off the gas
Because I don't wanna spend life looking to the past
Let's wait for a moment and take it all in
If we can't then this is a race I don't want to win
I've got all I need with you at my side
So slow down a little; let's try to decide
How we can stretch these moments on
And try to stop the approaching dawn

But in the end; life goes on
And one of these days I know you'll be gone
All I can say is, on that day
When you leave me to find your way
On your own; wherever you roam
I hope you always find your way home
And there I'll be waiting for you, my friend
Just because we're apart doesn't mean this has to end.

For the Graduating Seniors

No comments: