Thursday, May 20, 2004

Midnight Soft

Midnight soft is how I love you
Like a secret in the night
Moonlight sweet is how I need you
Whether it be wrong or right

When it's dark outside I hold you
And I'm not ashamed to say
That my heart's longing to touch you
But so quickly comes the day
And as quickly you are gone
When my sky turns pale and light
We are never the same at dawn
As we were that very night

With night time comes my dreams
And I suppose that's what you are
But underneath the moonbeams
I know you're never far
Still when day comes you leave
And I die a little inside
The sun and I are left to grieve
For the moon's love will not bide

On your violin, I watch you play
A tune of love untold
But with sunrise comes the day
And soon the song turns cold
Then all day I lie in waiting
For the sun to fade from view
And as the sunlight starts abating
I make my way to you

Now I've had a revelation
One day I'll let you see
It's not my imagination
And it's not fantasy
One night I will reveal
A love you've never known
I'll prove that what I feel is real
And stop loving on my own

Midnight soft is how I love you
Whether it be day or night
Moonlight sweet is how I need you
In darkness or the light.

No comments: