Tuesday, May 11, 2004

About God, the Ocean & the Moon

Each night I look up to the sky
And see the Lord in every star
But for some reason, I know not why
I find him not in the moon afar
I see a face but he looks cold
Up in space the time he bides
Near the ocean rocks so old
Ever changing with the tides
God, for me, does not waver
Like the moon does every night
To me, God is my bless'd savior
An always constant shinning light
But, somehow, it's different now
The closest star seems distant
And though the sun will not allow
My moon turns to a crescent
I move quickly against the waves
Others come but I must go
Past all the people the Lord saves
If I'm one the sun will show
Its futile whispering prayers to the moon
The man speaks not to me
For the night is gone too soon
And then the moon must flee
I realize I am like that sphere
So weary, dark and low
And only when the sun is near
Am I allowed to glow
I revolve around the earth
As the earth goes round the sun
From the moment of my birth
And until my life is done
I'm not afraid of the sea anymore
With the current I am intune
As I wonder, on this distant shore,
About God, the ocean and the moon

No comments: