Friday, March 10, 2006

Quicksand

Don't tell me that you've faltered again.
I don't care to here your excuses anymore.
You didn't just trip by accident;
You threw yourself down at his feet again.
I bite my tongue for you just once
when I didn't say I told you so, right then.

That boy is quicksand.
He thrives on your struggle
And the harder you pull
The deeper you sink
you sink
you sink

Can't say you shock me but you disappoint
And I find that I hate him
When the hate I feel should be yours.
It's not my place to be strong for you.
Pull yourself out this time.
I'm no longer your rope, anymore.

That boy is quicksand.
The deeper you plunge
And the more you submerge
You just give in
give in
give in

Won't be moved by your pleas
When the tragedy you love calls
And the one you feel nothing for
Is valued more than your self-worth.
You know what you must do
Is what you should have done long ago.

That boy is quicksand.
Struggle, girl, struggle.
You've already given him all
Now you're gone
you're gone
you're gone

No comments: