Saturday, March 25, 2006

Muddled Musings

It just makes such perfect sense
For me to drop my sly pretense
'Cause its such a faultless fit
Even though I won't admit
It to you or to your ear
Even when I see your tear

Crying for just what I need.
All I know is lust and greed.
But now I know you and now
I scared to move somehow
Love is simple when you fall
Still it makes me feel so small

When I'm down here all alone
Could you roll away the stone?
So you can see that this is it
Oh yes, I found the perfect fit.
And still you cannot see
Logic would dictate, you with me

But I know love is not logical
though it's not merely physiological.
Love, I find, is blind
To the thoughts inside my mind
When I try and block the urge
I can't control the sudden surge

Of liquid through my veins
And the sensation still remains
Locked in a state of needing
And neither push is succeeding.
Now I'm waiting for a green light
so I can continue with this sad fight

and maybe know that you can care
Run your fingers through my hair
Whisper something to me soft
and quite being so aloft
Trace the palm of my hand
I am sure you'll understand

Just when you and I collide
To know what I feel like inside.

No comments: