Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Childhood Lies in Ruins

My childhood lies in ruins
It is the swing that hangs by one chain
And the jungle gym set in pieces on the ground
I watch the weeds grow
They grow around my memories quickly
Covering up the past so easily as time moves on
The playground is overgrown
With grass and dandelions that grow in patches
They were with the younger me before she passed
I want go back to then
When life was simple and fun didn't end
But my childhood is still slipping from my grasp
Recess is over
It been over for years but not forgotten
Now it's gone completely, a memory of happier times
I cry for my loss of time
But I still watch the clock ticking away the days
As my last moments are wasted on wishing for more

1 comment:

R.G. Ryan said...

Amanda,

I stumbled across your blog. Very weighty stuff, my friend. Your writing makes me feel...and isn't that the point?

Check out my blog if you wish: www.toesand.blogspot.com

Take care. I'll be back for sure.

Sean