Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wandering South

Behold the season that breaths regret
And watch with me, for our sunsets
Within the early hours.
Remember the summer that you cared?
Picked the autumn from my hair
Pretending they were flowers.

The rustling leaves whisper in red.
My weary body aches for bed
Now that the winter's come.
Upon the growth of spring I clutch
Your long forgotten tender touch.
To fallen flame I succumb.

Our love, too, changes like the trees
Leaves foliage begging on it's knees
For one more day of light.
Buried deeply our love would grow.
I would resist the slumberous snow
But I'm too tired to fight.

Passion's bounty, now fruitless yield
A summer love's weakness revealed.
It lay within the season.
Our romance dies with the closing year
How childish for us to linger here
still questioning the reason!

Wave goodbye to love beguiled
In seasons past our summer's wild.
You fill my listless mouth
With all your tired, loveless words.
Like the monarchs, like the birds
Your heart is wandering south.

No comments: