Monday, April 17, 2006

Light Honesty, Heavy Truth

It's my fault you don't feel the weight
of my fear and heavy hope
playing the blame game with your needs.
But can you hold me to my faultless fear
When you still see her in the corner of your eye
At least from time to time.
While your honesty so lightly said makes me shudder,
I am paying for my bravery; pound for pound.
Now I know I cannot tip the scales
with merely loving you more than she.
'Cause when you smell the summer air
You can feel your fingers across her skin.
Each blue sky reminds you of her eyes
And although my wobbling words are heavy
Her ever lofty airs prevail.
Yet my will grows braver still
Since I finally know you do not read me.
I love you so much I cannot have you.
I have doomed us from the start.
So blame me if you must.

No comments: