Tuesday, January 03, 2006

[Sighs Run Deep Tonight]

Sighs run deep tonight
As an icy gale cuts through the bare trees
That shiver in the cold.
What secrets lay buried beneath that snow?
Would you melt to see
The love and longing for cherished summer?
The fear of reckoning?
Imagine me, tearing you from winter's embrace.
Endless and hopeless;
That grip may feel to me, the one without
The truth or heat
To melt the smothering white that holds you.
But the mask works
To protect me from the hurt that hearts may have
When feelings lay
Bare and uncovered like the trees around us.
Snow banks cling
To the flowerbeds and my bed stays cold.
Winter continues
As I struggle to bury my love with reason
And sickening snow
To beg the silence of my greedy glances.
I cannot thaw the fact,
For I fear the end of more than snow and ice,
But a light from you
Could be my ethereal melting point...

No comments: