Friday, January 28, 2005

Understanding

I need more time to think.
Time to form these thoughts
That have been bubbling up from beneath
The surface of my soul for years.
Today I'm one step closer to understanding.
But I still need more time.
I still need an open mind,
Before I can free my soul.
It all makes sense, these bits
And pieces that I have put together,
But it's not finished. It probably never will.

Still, my soul feels lighter than before,
While my mind weighs in. Heavy.
Raised by the Earth; understanding Her,
Loving Her, is why.
How can any mere man tell
Me what He asks of me?
How can denial of the beauties He has given,
Being me closer to His side?
No building of man is the sole house of God.

My soul is on fire!
But not by sin, for fire is like all on Earth,
Inherently good.
It is when good things are taken as a right
Instead of a gift, that the the use of good things
becomes bad.
I understand, but I need time.
I know no mortal who can wield the power of God.
No human with the omnipotence of Him.
Instead all things are too be loved,
All things have an essence,
All things are equal,
But all things will never be understood.
Only God has that power,
For me to even feign it, is hypocrisy,
But I know you won't find it with that blindfold on,
Because the man that leads,
Is wearing one too.

1 comment:

Page said...

most excellent poem, miss brown

inspiring, thought-provoking, deep

your work is appreciated